Sunday, May 26, 2013

39 days left.

I went through the temple this last Tuesday. It was such a sacred and special experience for me. The temple is truly the House of the Lord, and there is no reason to be nervous or afraid to go through, because there are people there to help you the whole way. 

My biggest advice for preparing to go through the temple: PRAY. Before & after. Peace and comfort will be provided, and the Spirit will testify that those things you experience are of the Lord. 

For those who aren't members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, just know that our church believes in spiritual progression, the first step beginning with Baptism. The temple is sacred, and we don't talk about about what goes on inside purely because it is sacred. If you want to learn more, go HERE.  :) Or, you know, email me at sisterlaurenvancott@gmail.com, and then I will refer you HERE. 

I feel blessed to know that my family will be together for eternity and we will be able to see each other again after our mortal lives are through, thanks to my parent's worthiness to be married in the temple. 

With 39 days left until Chile, I still feel extremely blessed. 

Also, for those of you who are waiting for some divine revelation telling you that you should serve a mission, refer here: "Therefore, IF YE HAVE DESIRES to serve God ye are called to the work" (Doctrine & Covenants 4:8).  I think we (me included) want to receive profound guidance, but the fact that we desire to serve a mission might already be our answer. 

The Spirit will direct you in your own way. I know that for ME, my desire was all that was needed, and doubts aside I began moving forward. After I decided to serve I began receiving the confirmations that it was the right decision. The Lord knows YOU, and that is all you have to remember. 

Have a great Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment