Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 14, 2013.

Everything was jumbled in my mind. Names and places,  people and languages, cultures and foods. 
I had NO IDEA where my call would be to. I embraced the fact that I could go anywhere, ANYWHERE, but that I would be happy to serve no matter what. 


I waited until 5:30 so everyone that worked could make it. If it were completely up to me, I would have opened it by myself. Being the oldest grandchild and all, we thought it would be a cool experience to let all my little cousins see me open my call. 


People were rushing in. I was flustered and more excited than I have ever been. 
I stared at the envelope, hoping for some divine revelation for my guess.
 Nothing came... I wrote down Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas mission. 


My dad cut the envelope nicely along the crease, my hands were too shaky. I pulled it out. 
I didn't read ahead, so it took me a second to process what I had read. 



Chile Santiago East Mission. 

I have a feeling my Spanish will need to be brushed up on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment